Friday, November 23, 2007

Tagging and Technorati


Tag sale
Originally uploaded by doctorhectic

I just took a look at Technorati's site: http://www.technorati.com/ to discover how to tag blogs, as well as search for topics being discussed on blogs.

Technorati will be helpful to me to find out what people are saying and thinking about Howard County Library. However, I was dismayed to see that there were a large number of adult videos, disguised as blog topics, on Technorati - that could be an unpleasant surprise at work!

For me one of the best things about finding a new blog is to virtually connect with someone and know what he/she is thinking. When I looked at the most popular blogs according to Technorati, I was naively surprised to see how many of the top blogs on this site are commercial. Maybe I'll spot a great new find here, but I think that maybe I'll check out there least popular blogs. I wonder if there is a search I can do for that?

No comments: