Monday, November 26, 2007

Parting is such sweet sorrow

It is with a mix of emotions that I post Thing 23. I am excited to have finished these exercises, sqeaking in just under the deadline.

These are a few of my favorite things: flickr and You Tube. Specifically, I enjoyed learning how to put photos and videos into a blog.

I also feel a great sense of accomplishment. Before I started 23 Things, I thought that many tools and resources that are "out there" were for other people who are obviously more tech-savvy than myself. Through going through these exercises I have learned that I can do more than I gave myself credit for and that many of the latest technologies are easily accessible to anyone who will take a few moments to learn about them.

For those of you who happen to have found yourself at this blog, its purpose was to document a journey through 23 Things, an initiative through which many Maryland libraries, including Howard County Library, encouraged their employees to participate to learn more about available technologies. You can find more information about 23 Things here: http://marylandlibrarieslearning2.blogspot.com/
And more information about Howard County Library here: http://www.hclibrary.org/

Maybe if you take the time, you can learn a thing or two yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.