Monday, November 26, 2007

Audiobooks


Speaker Drivers
Originally uploaded by DeclanTM

Call me old fashioned, but I would rather hold a book in my hands and turn the pages. I am also a very visual person and need to look at something instead of hear it. I drive everyone crazy when they read something to me and then I take it out of their hands and read it myself.

With all my baggage, I still tried to look at audiobooks without prejudice. I signed up for a NetLibrary account, which seems to be a great resource for students and teachers.

I then went to vist Project Gutenberg, which is a free audiobook resource. I visited their "Top 100" downloads, and they do have some great books, most of which seem to be classic literature. This would be a great site for people who are home-bound, are visually impaired, or are better at multi-tasking than I am.

As for me, I'll be curled up at home with my book.

No comments: